Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Raksha Bandhan- Bondage between brother and sister-Quilled Rakhis

Raksha Bandhanthe occasion to  celebrate the bondage between sister and brother. 
The bond of love and affection between brother and sister, is one of the noblest human emotions. I don't think, any sister would forget the sweet moments spent with her brother. I still remember, while going to school,  how my brother was to hold my hands and take me to school. During rainy season, he used to take utter care that, I should not get wet in rain, how my brothers pampered me during my childhood,how my brothers supported during bad period of my life...
Oh, if I go on telling, this will be endless.

 Every year, for Raksha Bhandhan , I decided to make handmade Rakhees to send it to my brothers, but could not. 

This year, at last my wish came true. So ,sending handmade Rakhis to my lovely brothers and cousins. Here are the quilled rakhis.
These are with floral design:



Floral design with Kundans  attached. Another one is butterfly!



This is a cute Teddy Bear!



And all the Rakhees are ready with the cards to get posted.


 May be these are made of colourful papers, but lots of wishes and love wrapped in each of these.Hope my brothers and cousins like these Rakhees.

Many of my projects in arts and crafts are in finishing stage. Soon share about those in coming posts.

Until then,
Love , laugh and live the life to the fullest,
-Ranjana

22 comments:

  1. Loved all the rakhi but especially the teddy bear one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brothers are the priceless jewels in a sister's life..the memories, the emotions, the attachments are just priceless..a very humble gesture towards a brother by u..God bless u n ur brother..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ranjana, Nice rakhis.. now I am feeling guilty for not making rakhis tfor past few years... I think its too late now to plan making them..so have to do it next year... all of those rakhis look lovely for sure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exquisite and beautiful Rakhees. Your brothers and cousins are indeed lucky and fortunate to have such an affectionate and caring sister !

    ReplyDelete
  5. great....work..teddy was d bst :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hand made gifts are always special . Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ranjana, You know I am an ardent fan of your blogs...so please accept this small token of love.

    Please check the link.
    http://panchalibolchi.blogspot.in/2012/07/a-gift.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are such beauties! I always encourage handmade ones as they ineveitably impart the love, care and concern you have for your loved ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great work!beautiful raksha bandans!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magnificent! (As usual. :-P )

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is super creative work Ranjana!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable rakhis.
    You are an excellent craftslady dear.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Ranjana, nice work!!!!
    Visit my blog too at
    http://amber-art-creations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful rakhis! nice space u have, first time here, glad to follow you

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely!!!:-) very creative and looks amazingly easy!

    Much admiration,
    Nabeela

    http://nabeescorner.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Google analytics