Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

First tutorial in Paata Shaala- Making of flower loom patterns

Though I had created the page Paata Shala , to share my knowledge about some crafts with the readers. But no Paatas (lessons ) in Paatashala :-). Starting this with the first post containing tutorial : Making of Flower loom flowers.
The flowers can be made from yarn , by winding it to the small handy looms. The looms come in different shape and sizes. You can choose the looms according to the pattern you want to make.
Flower loom
You can take any yarn of your choice. I have selected wool yarn. Take the thread from the loom as shown.
Flower loom
The start winding the to the spikes of the loom, crossing in the middle.
Wind the yarn to the loom depending on the thickness you require.

After winding to required thickness, cut the yarn and insert  into a needle.

 Then insert the needle between the wound yarn so that , a knot can be tied behind.
Slowly remove the wound yarn.The below picture shows the completed flowers.


Many flowers can be made and , can be used as borders, shawl, lace etc. I have used this to make a hairband. Here it is:

Happy that, my Paata Shala has started. Many are requesting to post tutorial on screen printing. 
I will share about screen printing in the coming post. 
Until then,
Love , laugh and live the life to the fullest,
-Ranjana




24 comments:

  1. I had one loom like that as a kid....It used to be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely flowers , and the tutorial is also easy to understand. I remember my mom making flowers like that on a daisy loom made of steel . where did you get yours ? Is it available in India ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Informative indeed. Hope you will have more students for your patashala.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. This will be useful to many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rajesh. Even my intention is also the same, it should be helpful to the craft learners.

      Delete
  6. Nice tutorial. I am also having a loom and Really it will be nice making a flower with just winding the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh!!! My Mom-in-law has one loom and my daughter has kept it in her play kitchen set.he he.. Thanks for sharing this. I will make good use of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter learnt this long back and this one is definitely a good use of that flower. You are very creative..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am trying this out today !

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful & so simple...i have never seen this loom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi this tutorial is so easy to understand. Even i want to try it out. Could you please let me know where do we get such looms? Kindly reply

    ReplyDelete

Google analytics