Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Decoupage - shelf

While learning decoupage I had made of on  aluminium plate and recently I had done it on my craft table . As I'm preparing my craft room and decorating with handmade items, thought of decoupaging on a shelf I have.
Here is the shelf, I got it made from a carpenter:
I wanted to give this Victorian look, chose very mild color. Back side first one coat painted with primer and then painted with pista green.
For the top and the sides selected the pista green color paper with rose prints. I just loved the paper!
After attaching and painting , it looks like this:
Decoupage
And now for the inner side of the shelf, I wanted to paste same pista green paper, which I had chosen  for the top and sides. But there was shortage of paper for the inner side. So used two different kinds of papers.
Here is how it looks after pasting the paper:
Decoupage

Decoupage
As a final touch of giving Victorian look , attached the thread lace which my friend had given, to the borders.
This is how it looks now.

Decoupage

Decoupage
I hope it has now at least little bit of Victorian look, what I'm murmuring :-). This I have kept in my craft room, with my craft items. I will share about other handmade items in my craft room in the coming posts.

Love , laugh and live the life to the fullest,
-Ranjana

21 comments:

  1. Beautifully done decoupage shelf. You did great job my dear. the lace is giving a new life to the project :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a Victorian dolls house. Perhaps you need some little furniture in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a transformation...hats off to you...must have taken hours of peristent hardwork
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a neat piece! Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your shelf looks so beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.Looks lovely.Beautifully done.

    Cheers,
    Sriram & Krithiga

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. you have completely transformed that shelf. Looks gorgeous and colorful. It is wonderful to read and see your craft work after a long time. Loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Even I'm happy to see your comment after a long gap

      Delete

Google analytics